Monday, August 30, 2010

My Greatest Joy

Well, it looks like about every two months is as often as I've been posting, so it's that time again.

I wanted to share about this weekend. A great Southern Gospel Singing Saturday evening by the Brasher family, also a great service Sunday morning, then two of our three "kids" here for Sunday lunch, a long nap afterwards and some time working on my column and the Rosalie of Rosebud story.

Most of the family is out-of-state right now: some living in Arkansas, Missouri and Los Angeles; some visiting in California and Denver; some on working vacation in Denver and Canada. They all used to come for Sunday dinner, but now they're too scattered. Oh, well, that's what we raise them for -- to be happy, responsible, productive (especially for the Lord) adults, living their own lives in their own way (or rather, in God's way).

A verse I have framed and sitting on a shelf above snapshots of the family on the livingroom wall says: "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." (3 John: 4 NIV).

That's my main prayer for them, that they will walk in God's truth. Knowing they are physically safe and seeing them often comes after that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks. That is so sweet. We are all scattered about the country. I still miss the cornbread. I love you.